Junior Java Consultant
- Santander, Spain
Junior Java Consultant
Why you want this position
Enverus - an international specialist in the delivery of data management solutions - is expanding its professional services team to cover the demand for its interval data, market pricing and reference data. Our products and services facilitate analysis, trading, decision support, risk management, portfolio optimization, operations, and sales, for major global energy and financial giants.
Java has been a key technology throughout our company history, and our Java backend has been responsible for delivering the largest Commodity Management systems as well as business critical solutions to the utilities and energy services sectors across a wide range of platforms, operating systems, open-source components, and databases. Enverus utilizes best of breed Java toolsets - focused on Micro Services Architectures, powerful front- and backend frameworks, RESTful services, and everything from NoSQL databases like MongoDB to high-performance data processing systems.
Who are we looking for?
The Junior Java developer will join the EMEA Professional Services team, which is currently based in London and Santander (Spain). S/he will interact with the team of senior developers located in Santander and the support team of developers in Bangalore, India. The role also involves contact with the Sales, Services, and Data Teams in London, Chicago and clients across Europe and the US.
We need a ‘passionate about code and quality’ software engineer with a client facing attitude.
The candidate needs to have Fluent English, good communication skills, and a desire to work in an international environment.
Flexibility to travel to client sites occasionally in Europe.
Are you a Java developer looking to join as a member of a high-performing team? We would love to hear from you!
- Participate in the complete project lifecycle including requirements gathering, functional design, development/configuration, user acceptance testing, and issue resolution
- Manage competing priorities across one or more customer implementations.
- Work with clients to analyze and interpret business requirements, provide customized solutions within the core product while offering industry best practices.
- Act as an operational intermediary between client-facing teams and internal development teams for issues related to data integration lifecycle.
- Work with Project Management to have project deliverables on time per client expectations.
Competitive Candidate Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- Experience with Source Code and Version Control Systems: e.g. Subversion, Git;
- Issue tracking systems, e.g. Jira, VSTS;
- Linux and Windows;
- Open source experience;
- Experience working on a distributed cloud based architecture;
- IntelliJ IDE;
- Full stack development;
- Knowledge of RESTful API’s and Webservices;
What We Offer
- Full-time permanent contract in Santander (Spain) or London (UK)
- A competitive compensation
- Exposure to multiple stacks, frameworks, languages, and technologies
- A dynamic work environment with highly motivates colleagues
- A high degree of autonomy, flexibility, and trust
Back to top