Director, Market Intelligence
WHY YOU WANT THIS POSITION
As technology fundamentally transforms oil and gas production worldwide, enormous growth opportunity is being revealed in analytics and market intelligence products. Players in the space are placing record amounts of capital into energy investments, and they need Drillinginfo products like never before to make the best, fastest decisions possible. For Drillinginfo, this presents an opportunity to further penetrate the market with product enhancements that will further accelerate our double-digit growth in this segment. Do you have what it takes to help guide the best team in the industry toward the best product roadmap in the world? If so, THIS is your opportunity.
This position is based in Denver and reports to the Vice President – Market Intelligence.
The Director for Market Intelligence must ultimately understand natural gas, crude, and NGL market fundamentals – particularly prices – and have significant experience forecasting all aspects of supply/demand and providing advisory services to market participants. Using this knowledge and experience, he/she will work within the Market Intelligence team to create new products, enhance existing offerings, and provide advisory services to clients.
- Manage the development of new products.
- Manage the Fundamental Edge product including achieving all due dates.
- Effectively manage and lead the existing natural gas and NGL team, currently including three direct-reports.
- Participate in and lead natural gas focused consulting projects
- Coordinate with DI Support to manage customer support for Fundamentals Edge and all future products that fall under his team's umbrella.
- Collaborating with sales, marketing and technical teams to guide product launches, release dates and priorities, and educate/train on specific needs of target clients.
- Emphasize strategic clarity across the organization to ensure development does not begin without validation of the market segment and requirements.
- Directing and contributing to product business case, market plan, pricing, and market requirements documents.
- Attending and presenting at energy finance conferences and other industry events.
- 5-8 years of experience in energy markets. Experience with industry data and analytics product offerings is a strong plus.
- Prior experience with the dynamics of the oil & gas industry.
- Prior experience advising market participants on specific transactions.
- A demonstrated history of excellent listening skills combined with a strong desire to clearly understand the needs of other people. This is crucial to helping to guide product improvements to solving specific customer problems.
- Strong organizational skills, with experience managing complex projects cross-functionally to build consensus and deliver results.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects to completion on time and within budget.
- Strong blend of business acumen, familiarity with financial services industry, communication skills, problem solving abilities and strategic perspective.
- This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America and abroad (10-20%).
- Based in Denver
Meet Some of Drillinginfo's Employees
Account Executive, Strategic Accounts
Patrick leads Drillinginfo’s Strategic Accounts Group, which is responsible for sustaining important client relationships with some of the largest oil and gas companies in the world.
Back to top