Business Development Director
Business Development Director
Why YOU want this position
Drillinginfo is now Enverus! Since our founding as a groundbreaking provider of oil & gas data, we have evolved our solutions to cover oil & gas analytics, trading & risk, and business automation for customers across the energy industry. Enverus represents this growth, while bringing us closer together as one team. Enverus delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
We are currently seeking a highly driven Business Development Director to join our Marketing team in Austin, TX. This role offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing company delivering industry-leading solutions to customers in the world’s most dynamic and fastest growing sector. Enverus is the right company at the right time.
- Report directly to the Director of Marketing
- Lead a team of 17 (and growing) demand generation reps (5 direct reports).
- Develop the strategy, plan and staffing model for growth; anticipate future needs
- Partner with sales leaders to understand growth goals, develop programs and plans to achieve growth targets
- Understand gaps and develop strategies and implement programs to fill them
- Identify and implement best practices for greater efficiency, scalability
- Motivate the team to follow up on lead generation and convert leads to opportunities for sales follow up
- Plan persuasive approaches and pitches that will convince potential customers to do business with the company.
- Drive demand gen rep success; monitor activity and progress, performance coach for success
- Assign team members to segments, ensure alignment to business needs based on sales targets
- Recruit, train and develop new talent based on data driven forecast of needs; continually develop talent to move into roles into sales while backfilling for coverage
- Build new processes for integrating acquisitions and identify work arounds or best practices for successful integration
- Support all business units/segments
If you have been a successful business development leader, have a passion for building relationships and developing people, understanding of a sales funnel process, have prior experience qualifying leads, and 8+ years’ experience in sales, marketing or business development; if you are a strong problem solver and excited by actions that lead to results, then this is the right career move for you. You must have held a similar role in the past.
Enverus is a growth company where the opportunities are tremendous to take your career to the next level. Help us take Business Development to the next level and in turn, reap the rewards.
Competitive compensation package including variable comp tied to results and full benefits.
Competitive Candidate Profile
- 8+ years combined experience in roles in inbound sales, demand generation, business development or marketing
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate teams and recruit and manage people
- Passion for driving results
- Understanding of the sales funnel, establishment of comp plans
- Strong relationship building and problem solving.
- Experience working with Salesforce.com
- Experience working with Salesloft a plus
- Four-year degree in Marketing, Advertising, English, or related field. Equivalent experience may be substituted.
- MS Office Suite;
- Superior writing skills
- Sandler or other sales training a plus.
- You’re looking for a challenge and an opportunity to lead a growing team
- You want to see the business impact you make through motivating the team and driving results.
- You're strong enough to handle ambiguity, but still able to execute;
- You’re right at home in a small and fast-growing organizational structure;
- You are strategic but not above handling the tactics
- You are a creative problem solver
- You know when to ask questions and how to get the job done without all the answers;
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You are a proven collaborator and build amazing relationships with colleagues across the organization
- You have the ability to make your case
- You can quickly and effectively understand the business challenge and provide strategic solutions to solve them
- You’re adaptable
- You thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment and have exceptional prioritization skills
Back to top