Account Executive - New Logos, Mutual Funds
Why YOU want this position
Drillinginfo drives decision making in today’s Oil & Gas and Financial Services industries. We tirelessly develop products and services that transform data into wisdom, so our clients can turn wisdom into action. This is an exciting opportunity to work in our Financial Services Group at the fastest growing Oil & Gas SaaS company in the world.
We are looking for an experienced Account Executive focused on new logo acquisition in the Mutual Fund industry. The Account Executive should be a self-starter who is prepared to deliver on challenging revenue targets. Candidates should possess a consultative sales background and proven track record of over-achievement as well as a strong understanding of the financial services industry. Knowledge of the Oil & Gas Industry is not a prerequisite but a big plus. The Account Executive will be an exceptionally strong analytical thinker and problem solver who thrives in a dynamic, teamoriented environment.
About the Role
• Execute annual sales goals and meet challenging targets for new client acquisition in the
mutual fund industry.
• Develop and execute against a strategic plan that builds a robust sales pipeline.
• Cold-calling, generating new leads and prospecting accounts.
• Create and articulate compelling value propositions around Drillinginfo.
• Team with Technical Advisors to effectively present value propositions to capitalize on new
• Provide accurate monthly, quarterly and semi-annual forecasts.
• Deliver client feedback to marketing and product development teams to build more effective
products and services.
• Travel as required to get the job done.
• Report directly to the Director of Financial Services.
Competitive Candidate Profile
• 3-7 years of consultative sales experience with an enterprise or SaaS company, preferably
selling into the financial services sector.
• Working knowledge of the financial services industry, most notably how buy-side clients select
securities, build investment portfolios and manage risk.
• Proven track record of consistent sales growth and quota obtainment.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct a solution-oriented sales process including qualification,
buying process, decision makers, budgets, drafting proposals and closing.
• Experience with forecasting new business on a monthly, quarterly and semi-annual basis.
• Results-oriented and works with urgency.
• Must be a team player.
• Proficiency using Salesforce.
• Trained in the Sandler Selling System.
• Technical background in chemical or petroleum engineering or petroleum geology.
When Applying for this Position
Please submit CV with one page Cover Letter selling us on why we should hire you for this
See Inside the Office of Drillinginfo
Drillinginfo delivers business-critical insights to oil and gas industries through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the upstream and downstream supply chain empowering exploration and production (E&P), oilfield services, midstream, and financial services companies to be more proactive, efficient, and competitive.
Back to top