WSJ Social Video Journalist
The Wall Street Journal is seeking a Social Video Journalist with strong editorial, production and social media skills. This person will be part of a team responsible for editing, publishing, and utilizing best practices and identifying new ways to socialize WSJ’s large inventory of videos across various platforms with the goal of maximizing views. The job requires an extremely organized self-starter with solid news judgement who can help manage multiple projects at various stages of production, often on tight deadlines.
- Increase the video plays across all Dow Jones Networks
- Increase the video plays across all syndicated networks
- Work with the editorial teams to recommend video content that appeals to our customers and can be monetized.
- Work closely with the Head of Video advising on what content best drives the required outcome.
- Work with the Video Audience Editor, to grow the number of video plays and distribution channels increasing the average number of plays per video.
- Help drive and grow the right audience to Video assets defined by agreed objectives.
- Work to ensure that Video is maximizing the audience through the levers of SEO, Social, Referrers and emails driving to deliver their goals.
- Publish and embed videos in WSJ.com articles
- Previous experience within a video unit or video team to successfully drive up plays and engagement through the core acquisition channels
- Experience working alongside large editorial teams in a pressurized environment
- Experience of delivering change and getting results in terms of increase in engagement / traffic
- Knowledge of acquisition channels of SEO, Social, direct and emails.
- Ability to use data and analytics and present ideas with data.
- Be personable, flexible and willing to work under pressure
- Proficiency with Adobe Premiere or other editing software and experience with video and DSLR cameras a plus.
This position is based in New York.
Please include a resume and cover letter with your online application.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28720
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function News/Editorial
Business Area NEWS/WSJ
Job Area1 News
Job Area2 ..
Back to top