- New York, NY
Job Description:Job Description:
Are you a news junkie? Are you passionate about current events and high quality journalism? Do you read media newsletters, check Twitter and scroll through Instagram before you even think about coffee? We want to hear from you!
We are looking for an extremely media savvy public relations professional to amplify the work of The Wall Street Journal's award-winning journalism and journalists through high level press placements, while also developing thoughtful and creative ways to introduce the Journal, its reporting, products and initiatives to new audiences.
The Publicist will play a key role within The Wall Street Journal/Dow Jones Communications team, supporting strategy and execution for the promotion of The Wall Street Journal's journalism and journalists, especially news scoops.
Above all, you will be part of a dynamic, global communications team supporting initiatives across the company. The ideal candidate will be a reliable, flexible, collaborative, detail-oriented team player who is hungry for knowledge and has a passion for all things media.
- A strong network of contacts and relationships across both established and emerging print, digital and broadcast outlets.
- Lead promotion of news content across business and finance, US and world news, political news and lifestyle, including exclusives/scoops, investigative series, major events/news cycles, interactives and other special projects.
- Ideate and pitch unique content opportunities for The Wall Street Journal
- Partner with the newsroom on all promotional efforts.
- Work directly with editorial and communications colleagues in Europe and Asia to coordinate complementary activities and promotion in those regions.
- Minimum 3 years professional experience in public relations or media production.
- Excellent news judgment and commitment to journalistic standards and ethics; awareness and understanding of what's important and what's trending
- Proven track record in creative thinking and the development of strategy, messaging and impactful media placements
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with key editors and producers
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented and able to make decisions quickly and thoughtfully
- Comfort with a fast paced, news-driven, deadline-sensitive environment
- Crisis communications and issues management as required
- Experience in partnering across large, highly collaborative internal teams
- Fluency across social media channels
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: COMMUNICATIONS
Job Category: Communications/PR Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 20359
Back to top