WSJ CMS Product Architect
- Define, maintain and own the architecture for The Wall Street Journal's CMS landscape, and how our technology interacts within the larger editor-facing and reader-facing ecosystem. Partner with Editorial Tools Product Lead to define strategy and vision.
- Deliver systems architecture that is scalable and flexible enough to evolve alongside our digital storytelling.
- Provide a systems plan that sets up the Journal to become a pioneer and innovator in publishing and journalism.
- Without this role, we run the risk of introducing new solutions that don't effectively speak to print legacy, nor scale to future needs.
- With the need to maintain the complexity of print and pave the way for the future of digital publishing, now more than ever, we need person responsible for the ENTIRE content systems architecture and not just a single piece.
What are the areas, products, processes, and/or systems this role is responsible for?
- Digital CMS Product Architecture
- Print CMS Product Architecture
- Image Handling Architecture
- Chart Creation and Publishing Architecture
- Coordinate with Graphics Team in regard to integration of dynamic inset system
- Content Feeds and Services
- Content Previewing
- Live Coverage
- Breaking News
- Native Apps
What is this role accountable for?
- Rationalizing existence of disparate systems and creating stable technical solutions that support a more streamlined workflow
- Consolidating, streamlining and sunsetting of tools, and replacing their crucial functions
- Single, authoring interface that is available for use on mobile
- Ability to preview on any device and platform prior to publishing
- Fewer tools to get the job done
- Stable tools with guaranteed uptime and faster time to publish
- Develop systems that foster collaboration across departments
- Laying the CMS groundwork for the Journal to move towards a more atomized and distributable content API.
- Partnering with those owning front end rendering in order to achieve KPIs, and deliver content in right format
- Experience leading big architectural CMS projects in media, whether custom or third party
- Experience building and customizing CMSs and services and APIs that integrate with CMS
- Deep experience with media asset management
- Experience in Web and app based development
- Understanding of Internet technologies – network protocol, security, scalability
- Experience with video encoding, streaming and downloading on Internet
- Understanding of digital rights management
- Understanding of video content management
- Understanding of mobile technologies (mobile phones, tablets)
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29684
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Product & Operations
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top