Workplace Coordinator, Workplace Design
The primary function of the Workplace Coordinator is to work alongside the Workplace Design Team on elements specific to the Dow Jones workplace environment in order to maintain the desired interior design standards and ensure our Users' needs are being met. The position reports to the Relocation Manager and directly collaborates with members of the Global Real Estate, Facilities & Security team, along with End User Services Technology, the People's Team, as well as various department's administrative staff and the Office of the CEO.
The Workplace Coordinator will interact with individuals and teams from multiple Dow Jones departments within the New York and Princeton offices. In addition, the position will require working with branding and exhibit companies and various vendors and suppliers within the construction and design industry.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Seating & Office Inquiries
- Collect data for Archibus database from documentation and field verification obtained from site surveys.
- Review and resolve new and outstanding move requests in a timely manner; coordinating closely with End User Services Technology.
- Monitor occupancy and liaise with stakeholders regarding new hire seating.
- Organize occupancy studies and provide information or reports on current room utilization whether manually or via current room booking software.
- Monitor the Workplace Design Team's shared email box and handle or direct employees requests to the appropriate resolution.
- Oversee furniture repairs, deliveries, changes, and work closely with the facilities building manager to schedule with various vendors.
Conference Room Booking
- Serve as the calendar administrator for Workplace Design team and book out rooms as needed for project work, events, executives and the People team as needed.
- Process requests for restricted room reservations.
- Prioritize competing reservation requests and find compromises between internal requesters.
- Change access to calendars based on room ownership changes or approved requests.
- Stay up to date on all Google Calendar enterprise changes and troubleshoot any impacts those may have on internal calendar use.
- Educate employees about building rules and restrictions when hosting events and coordinate room set up and turn over with the Facilities team.
- Assist with company-wide events (seasonal, budget, festivals) and planning as required.
- Ensure executive areas are staged for hosted events and be on-site to act as a single point of contact during the event for problems and emergencies.
Asset Management & Branding
- Serve as the point of contact for all branding activities in the NY office and elsewhere when needed including communicating standards to internal stakeholders and coordinating with graphics vendor.
- Maintain and manage the extensive Dow Jones art collection including valuation and de-accession.
- Arrange deployment and placement of artwork among national and global offices, where possible.
- Update the art catalog website as necessary.
- College graduate with a four-year degree.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, paired with a customer-service mentality.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of users at a variety of levels to achieve results.
- Ability to motivate self and others to achieve results at all levels and work independently.
- Strong administrative and calendar/resource booking experience. Google Suite experience preferred.
- Interest in art and interior design.
- Proven willingness to learn new skills.
- Experience with learning new software programs.
- Proven ability to act innovatively and problem solve.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive manner.
- Ability to travel to Regional Offices.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT & ENT SVCS - GREFS
Job Category: Facilities Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 17198
Back to top