VP, Sales Marketing
In this role the VP, Sales Marketing is responsible for driving the sales marketing strategy across Dow Jones' global sales organization, leading and developing campaigns, best practices, sales events and sales assets. The ideal candidate has the ability to influence a diverse sales organization spanning consumer, enterprise and media sales. This position will report to the Chief Revenue Officer, based in New York.
In this role, the VP, Sales Marketing will oversee a team of Sales Marketing practitioners, including shaping responses to media sales opportunities (RFPs). This role will be pivotal in driving communications and culture within the unified sale organizations.
- Develop sales marketing strategy working closely with sales leaders, Managing Directors and General Manager's to align sales marketing across all products and customer groups
- Develop and deliver integrated sales marketing plans (training, assets, tools and communications) for assigned solution lines, products and initiatives and assess training and development needs and partner with internal training teams to build comprehensive training plans across modalities
- Work with Chief Revenue Officer to define and influence sales culture
- Work directly with regional sales managers and teams to develop field-level, integrated marketing programs to generate leads and accelerate buying cycles while supporting corporate and product strategies
- Develop annual sales event programs for both clients and staff including annual conferences
- Manage and balance quarterly marketing budgets
- Deliver detailed analysis of program effectiveness and reporting metrics as per each sales region
- Build a tight, symbiotic, open-communication relationship with the field sales teams
- Write sales force communications to ensure alignment to priorities and understanding of initiatives and support while partnering with Product Marketing on asset creation and delivery to ensure Sales receives the best content possible
- Support sales enablement tools and create rep-facing assets
- Manage cross-functional teams and collaborate closely with global marketing, product marketing, product management and many others in the development, execution and measurement of programs
- Develop compelling, concise marketing copy for both online and offline vehicles to support event, promotion, sales and branding tactics
- Negotiate with outside vendors, contractors and suppliers to obtain most advantageous promotional and advertising terms
- Partnering with salespeople to shape responses to sales opportunities, RFPs, with the aim of increasing automation and speed to market
Skills & Experience:
- Bring a minimum of 15+ years' experience working within sales, marketing, and/or sales enablement with demonstrated success in sales, sales enablement and/or training
- Possess strong communications, relationship building and project management skills and showcase your experience working in and with sales teams in global technology or software companies preferred
- Experience in global roles; understand cultural sensitivities and time zones preferred
- Bachelor's degree in business or technology (Master's degree a plus)
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29431
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Marketing
Business Area ADVERTISING SALES
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top