VP, Print Commercial
As the VP, Print Commercial for the Dow Jones Print Products and Services Group, you will be responsible for the revenue growth and maximizing circulation volume across DJ print products.
The role will oversee daily sales activities, meet with major clients, design new and effective sales strategies and work to promote Company print products and services. The role will report directly to the EVP, Print Products & Services, and must work closely with other members of the leadership team. The VP will provide leadership, strategic direction, and ensure the Commercial team is operating effectively and efficiently.
- Amenity - owning the revenue target for circulation at hotel, airline and other partners
- Retail - manage the newsstand and single copy business; review approach and determine need for new strategy
- Reprints - expand the business of licensing our content and IP
- Advertising - bridging across News and Media Sales to maximize the commercial value of our print products
- Act as the fearless advocate for commercializing our print products and content
- Liaise closely with News and Advertising to find opportunities to maximize revenue
- Meets with existing clients to discuss company's products and services.
- Works to foster relationships with client base/locates opportunities to expand client base.
- Oversees the activity of sales teams.
- Works to ensure sales and productivity goals are met.
- Conducts independent research into target consumer base.
- Devises new and innovative ways to market products and services.
Required/desired skills and abilities:
- Ability to work strategically and manage simultaneous activities in a fast-paced business environment.
- Ability to collaborate across multiple teams and interact with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Must have strong verbal and written business communication skills. Ability to communicate in a clear and effective manner at a senior level.
- Excellent interpersonal and persuasive skills.
- A demonstrated interest and aptitude in core business problems and challenges, especially those unique to the journalism and media industries.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30108
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Product & Operations
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top