VP, People Insights
- New York, NY
Dow Jones, a leader in the global media industry, seeks a VP, People Insight realizes actionable insight from data to recommend and implement better ways to understand, develop and deploy talent that improves our ability to optimize our effectiveness. The VP, People Insight works to improve and increase our analytical capabilities and derive actionable insights into our critical business issues and design a scalable data infrastructure and reporting environment that is robust yet agile... The VP, People Insight is a resonant leader who embodies and supports our core values; curiosity, trust & humility.
The People team is uniquely positioned as a partner to our employees and businesses to co-create and develop relationships strategically focused on both people and business goals. Reporting to the Chief People Officer, the VP, People Insight will design, development, an implementation of our HR analytics and data strategy.
- Lead the People team's reporting and analytics function that creates high quality, contextually-relevant analytics/reports to improve decision-making and business outcomes.
- Support/prioritize business reporting needs, leadership questions, and ad hoc requests.
- Provide analytics and information to stakeholders to help address their business questions.
- Partner with the People team (people management, development & learning, engagement, Inclusion, workforce planning, compensation & total rewards, and benefits) to enhance our capability to analyze and demystify large sets of data and translate findings in a visually appealing manner that tell a story and help Dow Jones make better data driven decisions.
- Enable a faster, more effective service delivery across all People functions with automation and self-service solutions.
- Proactively drive the development and maintenance of strong process controls including but not limited to data maintenance strategy, data validation, and data integrity controls adhere to standards set by Dow Jones enterprise data management program.
- Assume business ownership for all data management and business intelligence applications deployed specifically for People (e.g. Workday) business owner responsibilities include a) partnering with People leadership team to establish a product and service roadmap, b) producing business requirements and other key project artifacts as required by practices where applicable, c) manage key vendor relationships and serve as a point of escalation for both technical and contractual matters.
- Define the future state of people analytics at Dow Jones, including the formation and execution of a multi-year roadmap that dovetails with Dow Jones corporate and People department objectives.
- Grow a nimble team towards achieving deliverables and developing their individual skill sets encourage the team to think creatively and deliver solutions that efficiently support management and employees.
- As a key leader within the People Team, participate in group strategy, planning and team building activities.
- 7 - 10 years of experience conducting quantitative people research in an academic, organization and/or consulting environment, including working with stakeholders to understand and clarify their people research needs Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience presenting to the C-suite., and communicating analyses to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience communicating technical results to technical and non-technical audiences across all levels of an organization
- Expertise in data visualization principles.
- Experience with data management and having an understanding of data structures.
- Experience working with HR/organizational people data (e.g. headcount, turnover, recruiting metrics and other people analytics metrics).
- Stakeholder management skills
- Interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Discretion and judgment skills
- Openness to feedback and self-awareness
- Coaching and people development skills
- 3+ years' of experience leading others on complex analytics projects.
- Understand key business questions, design analytics, and persuasively communicate findings.
- Strong analytical, reporting and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working in a global organization with international experience is highly desired.
- Able to effectively manage relationships throughout an organization as well as interact with senior management.
- Experience managing and analyzing structured and unstructured data using tools such as SQL, R, Python, SPSS, STATA or Tableau and experience troubleshooting others' analyses.
- 3+ years' experience working internally (as opposed to consulting) in a medium to large organization (e.g., media, high-tech, financial services, healthcare, biotech, etc.).
- 3+ years' experience managing a team of quantitatively-oriented people analysts.
- Experience developing tools, conducting empirical research, practical implementation, knowledge of best practices in at least three of the following areas: employee engagement, learning and development, performance management, diversity, compensation, or retention.
- Experience with systems such as Visier, and Workday.
- Experience conceiving, developing, running pilot tests, implementing, and continuously improving large-scale people processes.
- PhD in Data Analytics or related graduate education with 8+ years of experience in an industry emphasizing people research in organizations (e.g., Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Behavior, Economics, Management, Policy Analysis, etc. or related degree), or MS with 12+ years of experience as described above.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Job Category: Human Resources Group
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 21314
Back to top