Vice President, Analytics
Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Customer Operations, this position will work closely with all groups within the Customer organization, with particular focus on management dashboards and transforming new digital KPIs. This role will assume immediate responsibility for the timeliness and quality analytics output of the entire group and the roadmap to a fully mature data science model.
The ideal candidate for this role must demonstrate excellence in managing world class analytics teams. They must demonstrate the ability to extract actionable business needs from diverse clientele and have extensive experience in online analytics, data visualization, modeling and insights.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work to automate reporting to free resources for more applied analytics
- Mentor employees (total purview of 7-8 resources) on online analytics and data
- visualization and dashboarding techniques across the analytics industry
- Implement an air-tight quality control process to ensure reporting and insights are
- correct and adhere to legislative and corporate policies.
- Develop KPI metrics that will help Dow Jones measure their evolution into a digital age
- Identify opportunities to enhance targeting/segmentation capabilities.
- Manage outside vendors that will allow us to grow our analytical facility quickly and
Strategic Goals include:
- Establish new KPIs and practices across the B2B, Advertising Sales and Consumer
- marketing worlds
- Develop the data visualization skill set of new and existing resources
- Create a world-class Analytics function that lives up to the Dow Jones brand
- Data Mining expertise a must
- Detail Orientation must be ingrained
- Adobe expertise in multiple industry a strong need
- Reporting Automation experience required
- Quality Assurance orientation a definite must
- SAS experience required
- Publishing industry experience desired
- Process orientation a must
- Management experience of medium to large teams
- Strong written and oral communications needed
- Ability to interface with executives in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29723
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Customer Service
Business Area CUSTOMER ENGINE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top