UX Architect - Dow Jones Media Group
The key focus of your role as UX Architect is to support DJMG's product strategy by designing, evaluating and improving solutions for users across the DJMG Portfolio (comprising Barron's, MarketWatch, FN London, Mansion Global and Moneyish). You will ensure we deliver value to the business, clients and readers against business set KPI's and business objectives and goals. You will be a creative thinker that challenges and pushes best-practice User Experience.
The Senior UX Architect DJMG will hold the following day-today responsibilities:
- Contribute to the successful development of DJMG's web and app-based digital product portfolio through best-practice UX processes to deliver optimal user outcomes
- Working closely with Product leaders across each brand and interface with Design and Engineering as projects progress
- Creating high quality prototypes and wireframes (i.e. Concept Models, Site Maps, User Journeys etc) informed by primary and secondary, quant and qual data
- Facilitating product ideation and concept creation activities
- Using iterative concept/product prototyping, user testing, monitoring to ensure that the product always resonates with the audience and meets business needs
- Conducting primary and secondary UX research including competitor reviews
- Developing design tools to encapsulate relevant UX insights and behaviours which enable activities such as concept design, ideation and prioritisation of product ideas & features
- Developing experience UX visions, briefs, strategies and principles in a manner understood by the business
The successful candidate will have substantial experience as a User Experience Architect working in a fast-paced, content-focused brand environment, ideally at a major media organization. Key to the success of this role is evidence and passion for Customer Centricity coupled with the ability to think creatively and strategically. You display a wealth of industry knowledge and experience with experience overcoming project challenges. You will take a proactive approach and bring your personal style to the team.
You will bring to the table your experience, creativity, positive attitude and willingness to collaborate with an highly experienced Product team. You will have outstanding communication skills and provide inspired insight, helping others to flourish creatively.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30174
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Creative
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top