Dow Jones’ Innovation team will be responsible for identifying new opportunitties for innovation across the Dow Jones portfolio of products, specializing in the rapid development of new mobile products. The team is looking to bring on an outstanding User Experience Designer (UxD). UxDs play a crucial role in our design process and are at the core of our product development methodology. You are equal parts designer, usability professional, and product thinker.
- Education in graphic design, interaction design, or related field or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of work experience in Interface Design, Interaction Design, or Information Architecture
- A strong portfolio demonstrating past work experience and relevant, user-centered design solutions.
- Your portfolio should reflect your experience with B2C and/or B2B web sites or applications.
- A highly refined eye for good typography and solid traditional design and layout.
- You know the difference between Arial and Helvetica.
- A clean sense of design aesthetics, and a natural propensity towards simplification over complication.
- Defining patterns and advocating for consistency, without repressing inspiration or inhibiting innovation
- Understanding and developing usability patterns, data interactions, and workflows
- Responsibly and effectively advocating for customers in a corporate climate; imparting day-to-day design guidance that fosters a shared understanding of the customer-centric intersection between design, content, business and marketing values
- Complete understanding of Mac OSX, Adobe Creative Suite, and Omnigraffle for creation of deliverables.
- Ability to strategize and execute common usability testing practices: ethnographic research, persona generation and maintenance, multivariate testing.
- Contributes to our process and shared knowledge, and helps to evolve our way of working.
- Play a flexible role across our products: sometimes as primary UX designer on your own project, sometimes as UX liaison to others.
- A great sense of humor.Responsibilities:
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations; engaging presentation style
- Knowledge of design for mobile devices in all formats.
- The ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously, and multi-task
- You communicate and collaborate well with software architects and developers.
- Familiarity with usability heuristics and relevant HCI literature
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28640
Job Locations GBR – LONDON
Job Function Design Technology
Business Area PRODUCT
Job Area1 Creative
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top