UX & Design Lead, DJMG
The UX & Design Lead will provide thought leadership and champion data-informed design principles and practices across the Dow Jones Media Group (DJMG) portfolio of consumer-facing brands including Barron's, Mansion Global, FN London and Moneyish. Working across our websites and apps, you will collaborate with editorial, product, and technology teams to design, evaluate and improve digital experiences for users, driven by your expert ability to balance art and science. Reporting to the Chief Product & Technology Officer, DJMG, you will coordinate with UX and product designers across the organization to ensure the effective management and delivery of world-class experiences for users.
- Contribute to the successful development of DJMG's web and app-based digital product portfolio through best-practices in UX and design
- Create high quality designs, prototypes and artefacts (eg concept models, site maps, user journey, requirements)
- Develop UX and Design visions, briefs, strategies and principles in a manner understood by the business
- Work with Product teams across multiple DJMG brands to define, interrogate and prioritize roadmap items
- Support or challenge business, product and tech decisions with sound and clearly communicated rationale
- Conduct competitor reviews and awareness of industry trends and best practices
- Provide recommendations for usability and accessibility improvements
- Collect and analyze user behavior through primary and secondary research
- Coordinate, conduct and moderate testing sessions for existing and new products and features focusing on usability and accessibility
Technical Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in HCI, Communication Design, BFA, or related experience preferred
- 5+ years designing user experiences and interaction design for content-focused digital products, ideally in a media environment
- Expert-level knowledge of industry standard Web design software (Sketch, Adobe CC, Omnigraffle and prototyping software InVision)
- Intermediate-level knowledge of industry standard UX testing tools (heat maps, mouse activity, A/B testing etc)
- Solid grasp of latest Web and App user experience design principles (including Human Interface Guidelines and Google Material Design)
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-29857
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function ..
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Creative
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top