UX Design Assistant, WSJ
The UX Design Assistant at WSJ will contribute to the user experience practice and evolve the discipline to meet the needs our of projects. The UX Design Assistant will play an important role in assisting and helping the team develop into a strong and cohesive unit. Being detail oriented and able to identify user flow gaps and design inconsistencies, this role will be integral to our projects and process. In this role you will be reporting to the UX Director, WSJ.
Responsibilities and what you'll do
- Work within the inhouse Design and UX team to design, prototype, and develop solutions for our iOS, Android and off platform products (e.g. Apple News)
- Communicate effectively with clarity of thought and be able to prototype quickly from concept sketches and deliver a good user experience
- Identify user needs, sketch solutions with prototypes, test ideas with our design team, and refine designs with data and user feedback
- Design, observe, and analyze usability studies
- Work closely with UX team to implement and deliver final products
- Regularly participate in design brainstorming sessions with the team to help innovate and improve WSJ products and core features
- Work with the team to continually build an online library of best practice UX principles
- Help supply supported work and assets needed for user testing sessions
- Conduct research and create competitive analysis reports
- At least 2+ years experience designing user-interfaces for content-rich websites and apps
- Certification or Degree in HCI, Communication Design, or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of industry standard Web design software (Sketch, Adobe CC, Omnigraffle or other wireframe software)
- Knowledge of prototyping software such as Invision a plus
- Familiar with iOS (Human Interface Guidelines) and Android (Google Material Design) design best practices
- Good understanding of current web and app technologies
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30030
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Design Technology
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - ENTERPRISE
Job Area1 Creative
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top