Travel & Expense Analyst
Travel and Expense Analyst
The Travel & Expense Analyst will provide high quality, end-to-end, back-office support for expense processing, business travel and corporate credit card administration. The core-processing model utilizes the Concur Travel and Expense management tool to ensure that employees are conducting business travel in accordance to corporate travel and expense policies.
- Execute the end-to-end T&E processing and auditing functions, assist, supervise and support any remote T&E process.
- Monitor travel mailbox for pending approvals and non-compliant travel
- Process, manage and reconcile the T&E pay cycles utilizing reporting from Concur and PeopleSoft ERP system
- Manage the American Express Corporate card program by running and monitoring weekly reports, including Amex aging and card holder reports, along with administrative reporting from Concur
- Perform analytical and ad hoc reporting as required for management.
- Work with internal and external customers regarding account inquiries.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls in accordance with policy and procedures and SOX requirements.
- Look for areas of process improvement to ensure efficient and effective processing of T&E transactions.
- Work with the Travel Agency on procedures and controls within the travel desk and business travel platform.
- Provide information for monthly key performance indicators (KPI's).
- Analyzing: should be proficient in analyzing reports, probing for further information when required and suggesting workable solutions when confronted with issues/problems.
- Following instructions & procedures: it is essential that this hire appropriately follow the policies and procedures to ensure that financial processes are carried out in-line with the obligations/service level agreements.
- Customer relations: you must be highly focused on delivering against your stakeholder's requirements, ensuring that the quantity and quality of your work is to a high standard at all times.
- Assist in special projects as required.
- Working with people: you must have the capacity to build effective relationships at all levels and proactively communicate with other employees, utilizing tact and diplomacy as appropriate.
- 5+ years' experience within the T&E and AP/Finance function.
- Experience in using Concur Expense Management System
- Knowledgeable of the Business Travel Industry
- Experience and competence in using integrated ERP software (particularly PeopleSoft)
- Competent Microsoft Office user (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Communicates information and ideas clearly, shares information broadly and listens carefully.
- Quick learner and self-starter who has the ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with strong organizational skills.
- Accustomed to working with deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30010
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Finance
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top