Technical Support Supervisor
Technical Support Supervisor
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
The Wall Street Journal is America's largest newspaper by paid circulation with more than 2.2 million customers. In recent years, the Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world's largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, The Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
United by our ambitions, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group's focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
Customer Experience Department
The Customer Experience Department works within the Customer Group supporting our Consumer and PIB businesses to deliver a best-in-class customer experience. The 3 main pillars of customer experience support nearly every facet of Dow Jones globally providing campaign analytics, quality assurance, experience design and much more. They are based out of three main locations (Princeton, NJ; Barcelona, Spain; and Hong Kong).
Customer Service Team
This team provides 1st through 3rd level support for global customer contacts providing 24/7 coverage for clients of our consumer and PIB products. Included with the service team is the contact center operations which is responsible for Training, Quality Management, Service Performance reporting, Service Design and the Systems that support the Customer Service team.
The Technical Support Supervisor is responsible for leading and developing the team to ensure all customers receive superior technical support related to technical integration and authentication for the PIB and Consumer product suites. The Technical Support Supervisor is charged with developing and implementing best practices for both pre and post sales in order to ensure customers receive world-class support and remain loyal. The Technical Support Supervisor will also ensure that the department's mandated service levels and goals are met.
Based in: Princeton, NJ
Reports to: Head, PIB Customer Service
- Workforce planning, goal setting, performance management, coaching, training, and development plans to ensure accomplishment of work objectives
- The implementation of day-to-day procedures and initiatives to achieve or exceed target metrics
- Development of partnerships with key internal Dow Jones departments to ensure that the team is able to support authentication for all products and customized implementations
- Development of targets and project plans related to migrating customers off of legacy authentication/login schemes.
- Creation and maintenance of engagement policies for pre and post sales activities.
- Development and implementation of strategies to meet customer satisfaction goals and devising innovative ways to provide superior customer service
- Development and management of KPIs for the Group Authentication team to track team performance
- Analyzing customer service metrics to determine opportunity areas and monitoring performance against goal
- Tracking of progress and adherence to timelines for customer implementations
- Ensuring that customer service level and response time goals are met for all forms of communication between Dow Jones support and customers
- Ensuring that escalations are seamless for our customers and are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
- Establishing, documenting, and implementing consistent global processes and procedures across the team and internal partners while formalizing their relationship and interdependencies
- Direct and monitor activities of assigned staff including recruiting, scheduling, coaching, training, performance management, and corrective action to develop an effective team with a strong customer focus
- Conduct telephone, email, and web chat monitoring for direct reports and provide feedback for development purposes and to ensure accurate and timely support
- Encourage a sense of community through regular in-person meetings and coaching sessions with the team
- Develop a cohesive and informed team through leading regular staff meeting and team building exercises
- Spearhead new initiatives, devise programs and recommend processes, lead projects, identify resources and assign special projects to staff to support launches of new products.
- Attend internal and external partnership or key client meetings as required.
- Evaluate tools, systems and applications to use in our support organization and recommend any new opportunities
- Develop and maintain documentation needed by support staff, including troubleshooting steps, installation instructions, new tools overviews, and contact lists
- Leverage CRM and other internal tools to document and track customer implementations as well as customer contacts and progress on migrations/implementations.
- Five years experience in a technical support role for complex products and high value clients
- Ability to motivate and inspire the team towards achievement of service excellence and goals
- Working knowledge of technologies which impact Dow Jones products and solutions including infrastructure, authentication, connectivity, content delivery, Web services API, XML/HTML, SAML and single sign-on solutions
- Prior experience working with and managing a technical support or account/pre-sales team
- Ability to coach direct reports to strengthen their performance and improve skills in order to accomplish work objectives
- Problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to evaluate issues and conflicts and make timely decisions that benefit both the customer and the business
- Ability to adapt a communication style depending on audience, while maintaining a professional and credible demeanor
- Understanding of knowledge management industry and information integration for corporate intranets, as well as awareness of corporate users' information needs and applications
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction and previous understanding of customer needs and support issues
- Oral and written communication skills with ability to explain complex ideas at a level appropriate to the audience using ideas/terminology to ensure customer understanding and resolution of enquiries
- Ability to build and develop relationships with others to assess needs, and identify and solve problems
- Time management and organizational skills
- Ability to travel (10%)
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30369
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Administration
Business Area CUSTOMER ENGINE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top