Technical Support Exec
Technical Support Executive - (Developer Support)
Provide support to Dow Jones customers as they build applications that use Dow Jones API's and Services. As a Developer Support Representative, you'll represent Dow Jones as you manage and resolve complex technical issues from customers who building applications with our APIs or services. You'll serve as an advocate for developers using the Dow Jones platform by ensuring the accuracy of our technical documentation, developing and testing the platform, creating relevant sample code, and managing the content on the Dow Jones Support site.
In addition, your responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Conduct Kick off meetings with customers to design workflows that adhere to Certification rules for the Dow Jones Platform.
- Communicate best practices on using Dow Jones API's and Services.
- Work with customer to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues.
- write code samples, tutorials, and technical articles for the developer support portal.
- Developing internal tools/application as directed by management.
Key responsibilities :
- Provide Phone and Email support for developers who are implementing one or more of Dow Jones API's or products.
- Certify Customer applications to ensure they adhere to Dow Jones Technical and Branding Guidelines.
- Provide support for Dow Jones Integration and Destination products.
- 3rd Level support for unresolved Technical Support issues
- Escalating issues to other departments when appropriate
- Getting status' on outsourced issues and keeping the technical staff informed
- Team leaders responsible for assisting, mentoring, and coaching technical staff
- Recognize and report problem trends
- Review and communicate system enhancement needs, leading the solution implementation
- Responsible to help with coverage for other regions or for any "on call" or weekend duties.
- Work with technical staff and other departments within customer service to resolve customer problems
- Work closely with the various system development groups, Global operations, and Product Testing
- Work as a team member in the Development Support Group Team.
- Interact with customer service to resolve production issues.
- Interact with Technology group members to support each other.
- Contact customers System/Network/Developer contacts as necessary to troubleshoot or resolve customer related issues
- Assist the sales force in resolving technical issues
- Keep management informed of all severity one problems
Skills, experience & qualifications:
- 1 to 3 years in a Technical Support or Developer role working with Web applications or languages listed below
- Coding skills in an programming language such as C#, Java, Perl, Ruby, Python
- Working knowledge of software used to develop in these languages
- Web services (SOAP, REST, WSDL, XML)
- Experience developing or supporting sites using API and SDK integrations
- Networking or communication protocol knowledge
- Experience supporting web and mobile applications along with a thorough understanding of troubleshooting browser related issues.
- Ability to follow documented troubleshooting steps and accurately log interactions into the corporate CRM. (Past experience with salesforce.com is a plus)
- Experience working with XML and Relational Databases.
- Knowledge of networking or communication protocol including HTTP, FTP, and other common protocols
- High level understanding of how to troubleshoot network connectivity issues related to a customer's network infrastructure.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to explain complex products and technical issues in a level appropriate to the audience.
- Ability to assimilate complex product knowledge and identify appropriate solutions.
- Ability to effectively adapt to a changing work environment and structure.
- High degree of professionalism. Sets high standards of performance; assumes responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments
- Customer Focus required. Ability to make customers (internal & external) and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Requisition ID 2017-29989
Job Locations ESP-BARCELONA
Job Function IT Administration
Business Area CUSTOMER ENGINE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top