Technical Program Manager - News, Alerts, and Data
When you join Dow Jones, you become part of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we’re newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, -including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, MarketWatch, DJ Newswires, and Factiva. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world’s commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and prosperity. From over 50 countries and in over a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content.
Be a part of the Dow Jones News, Alerts, and Data (NAD) business group. The NAD business focuses on the creation, curation, and delivery of economic and financial news, data, and analysis essential in informing professional business decisions.
Within the Dow Jones News, Alerts, and Data group, you will serve as the lead for the product technology strategy. You will lead efforts identifying, scoping and executing on technology projects targeting NAD products to meet our customers’ demands and use cases. You will work with partner teams, identify larger opportunities for new product development, and manage strategy and roadmaps for News, Alerts, and Data.
You will identify potential applications of existing and emerging technologies to improve automation of data, increase the relevancy of content and data being delivered, increase the derived value of DJ content and data, as well as improve the developer/integration experience; plan requirements with internal customers; and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
- Work with Dow Jones News, Alerts, and Data team, Professional Information Business (PIB) teams, as well as the DJ/WSJ Newsroom to design, develop, implement, launch and support new technology products.
- Work with Dow Jones Technology engineering teams to coordinate technology plans and strategy, capture and share requirements for News, Alerts, and Data products, includingdelivery via feeds, apis, web, mobile with proprietary, client and third party applications.
- Work with and support clients/customers and partners of News, Alerts, and Data products, including pre and post sales meetings, partner meetings, especially in providing solution options and architectures, and capturing critical customer feedback.
- Potential for travel to support customers and partners.
- Develop and execute plans under a set of implementation and delivery time constraints, optimizing for a complex blend of product cost, service opportunity cost and ongoing support costs.
- Facilitate broad collaboration with clear communications and documentation.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- English fluency
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
- 10 years of relevant work experience, including 3+ years of industry experience in financial services.
- Experience managing multiple, aggressive, and dynamic technical projects.
- Solid experience with data modeling, visualization, analysis, modern data processing tools, cloud technologies, one or more scripting or programming languages.
- Solid knowledge of the tools and elements of project management.
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for project success.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels and across a globally-distributed organization.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-29077
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top