Technical Program Manager
Within the Dow Jones Data Strategy group, lead multiple initiatives to streamline, automate and improve a wide range of complex, multi-disciplinary research workflows and processes. You will lead efforts identifying, scoping and executing on technology projects targeting business processes, including potential team creation and management. You work with partner teams, identify larger opportunities for new product/tool development, and manage strategy and roadmaps for automation technology.
You identify potential applications of technology to improve research efficiency, plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
- Work with Dow Jones Data Strategy and Professional Information Business teams to design, develop, implement, launch and support new technology tools and process to automate and enhance existing workflows
- Work with Dow Jones Technology engineering teams to co-ordinate technology plans and strategy, capture and share requirements for the Data Management Interface product.
- Develop and execute plans under a set of implementation and delivery time constraints, optimizing for a complex blend of product cost, service opportunity cost and ongoing support costs.
- Facilitate broad collaboration with clear communications and documentation.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- English fluency
Preferred Qualifications / Experience
- 6 years of relevant work experience, including 3 years of industry experience.
- Experience managing multiple, aggressive, and dynamic technical projects.
- Solid experience with data modeling, analysis, modern data processing tools, cloud technologies, one or more scripting or programming languages
- Solid knowledge of the tools and elements of project management.
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for project success.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels and across a globally-distributed organization
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28373
Job Locations ESP – BARCELONA
Job Function IT Development
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top