Technical Product Manager
Within the Dow Jones’ Wall St Journal Technology group, lead complex, multi-disciplinary technology projects using your engineering and business domain expertise. In partnership with Product and Technology teams, you identify potential applications of technology to improve customer experiences, plan requirements for services, software and datasets for current and future customers and markets, and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle.
Key aspects of the role include acting as the voice of the customer to the Technology teams, developing a deep understanding of compliance businesses and operating needs, and includes leading project funding requests, ensuring alignment of development priorities with your partners in business, managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You’re equally at home explaining your team’s analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
- Work with Wall St Journal Technology group to design, develop, implement, launch, document and support new data and software services and enhancements to existing services for Wall St Journal related products
- Develop and execute plans under a set of implementation and delivery time constraints, optimizing for a complex blend of product cost, service opportunity cost and ongoing support costs.
- Facilitate broad collaboration with clear communications and documentation.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields, or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of relevant work experience, including 3 years of industry experience.
- Experience managing large-scale, aggressive, and dynamic technical projects.
- Solid experience with data modeling, modern data processing tools, cloud technologies and analysis.
- Solid knowledge of the tools and elements of project management.
- Firm sense of accountability and ownership for project success.
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28996
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top