We are looking for an enterprising Technology Lead for a new digital media product aimed at fresh eyes. You will manage technology operations in order to ensure the successful delivery of the product, on time and within budget. You will play a lead role in engineering a scalable and secure content platform and help solve problems for stakeholders, including the Product Owner, editorial and designers. You will supervise integration of design and CMS, and be responsible for overall tech direction including identifying and managing tech talent.
Additionally the successful candidate for this role will have experience in designing CMS systems across platforms and will be available to help other business units across News Corp and Dow Jones integrate CMS platforms, including, where necessary, instructing other teams, as a supplemental role to the core position of tech lead on the new vertical.
The product will be a self-contained business with enterprise and startup culture baked into its DNA, so all senior staff including the tech lead should be prepared to ‘get hands dirty’ and help to code, create, and troubleshoot as needed day to day, as well as playing a strategic role.
What you will do
- Lead a team of developers and help them solve problems in a way that makes sense, is scalable and provides value for Product Owners and end-users
- Collaborate closely with other engineers, designers and cross-functional teams
- Identify, lead and execute technology-related strategy
- Communicate and work with various stakeholders to ensure project delivery and success
- Work with the global technology organization to build and drive the adoption of the next generation of content platforms and APIs
Who you are
- You know and care about, and preferably have experience with, building scalable content management systems
- You have 5 or more years of experience with back-end and front-end systems and technologies, including but not limited to, Wordpress, node.js and cloud infrastructure
- You care about quality and love to ship high quality code
- You are opinionated about code, have a passion for innovative technology development and like to push the boundary of what’s capable
- You have experience leading software developers or are ready to step up into a leadership role
- You have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with people at all levels and with cross-functional teams
- You have strong, effective communication and presentation skills
- You thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28825
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function IT Development
Business Area HEATSTREET
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Back to top