System Support Specialist Senior
Preforms preventative maintenance on Printing press, Pre-press, mailroom equipment.
- Supports printing equipment and pressmen during production operation.
- Monitors and analyzes the operation of systems and equipment to ensure proper functioning of lines, hardware and software.
- Identifies and resolves problems utilizing structured troubleshooting methods, techniques and tools for systems, electromechanical equipment , software applications and data communications.
3- 5 years experience supporting related technologies
Technical Degree or equivalent military training or related work experience.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
- Knowledge of printing or manufacturing, production processes and workflow.
- Good leadership and interpersonal skills with strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good Team building understanding within a diverse workgroup.
- Working knowledge of electro-mechanical devices.
- Working knowledge of PLC technology.
- Work experience with AC and DC to 600V electrical troubleshooting.
- Work knowledge reading schematics and operating test equipment.
- Working knowledge of desktop operating systems, applications and peripherals
- Working knowledge of diagnostic hardware and software tools.
- Work experience troubleshooting complex systems to component level.
- Working knowledge of relay controlled equipment
- Working knowledge of variable speed AC Drives
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills that have been proven on the job.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top