System Support Operator
- Under minimum supervision, performs specified duties of some diversity related to the department’s activities. Involves some independent judgment and a detailed knowledge of the department or company policies. Maintains records and prepares reports as needed.
- Under limited supervision, operates equipment to produce press ready printing plates. Effectively operates all equipment applicable to the production of said plates. Responsible for the cleanliness of the equipment and also responsible for some preventative maintenance, recognizing and reporting problems to technology services for support action.
- Ensures proper maintenance and calibration of all imaging equipment to reduce expenditures and enhance quality, timeliness, and productivity.
- Track supplies and inventory levels and alert the imaging supervisor of any shortages.
- Develops and maintains open communication with managers and co-workers to ensure that all pertinent information is communicated.
- Duties will also include the operation and use of all equipment used in the mailing list/ label prep area.
- Assist the Computer Room Operator with the printing, preparation & distribution of all label lists for Dow Jones and contract publications.
- As needed, process and print all morning reports including but not limited to, early stats, postal, add & deletes, subscriber and Boston print reports, etc
- Assist the Computer Room Operator and or Transportation Manager in the preparation of the press orders, postal forms, customs invoices, dispatch schedules, airway bills and the various dispatch blotters
- Other duties as assigned by the Imaging supervisor.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs, and be able to stand for extended periods of time
- Knowledge and experienced in the use of the PC.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28959
Job Locations USA – MA-CHICOPEE
Job Function IT Administration
Business Area OPERATIONS
Job Area1 Product & Operations
Job Area2 Product & Operations
Back to top