System Support Analyst
Systems Support Specialist
Under minimal supervision provides support, maintenance and operation of electronic and electromechanical systems used to produce publications or products at various corporate locations.
- Supports the integration of new technologies into the operation.
- Provides technical assistance, guidance, and training to staff and customers.
- Maintains corporate technology and publication quality standards.
- Implements the corporate technology direction. This includes desktop and server hardware, telephony, operating systems, middleware, messaging, network architectures, and electromechanical equipment.
- Implements high availability platforms and business resumption planning architectures.
- Acts as a liaison for vendors during installation, rearrangement and/or removal of equipment.
- Performs system software, application, and hardware upgrades.
- Develop and maintain documentation needed by support staff, including troubleshooting steps, installation instructions, new tools overviews, and contact lists.
- Implements and maintains training programs.
- Performs investigation and analysis to solve problems.
- Provides hardware and systems software support, including ancillary software products.
- Directs trouble resolution activities, coordinating with technical staff, vendors, and carriers.
- Notifies management and customers of network/systems troubles through a tiered notification and escalation process.
- Organizes, conducts and documents post-mortems for network and system problems.
- Performs limited system administrator functions.
- Responsible for the effectiveness, quality, and timeliness of trouble resolution, quality of service and implementation success, also services Tier 1 agreements.
3- 5 years experience supporting related technologies
- Hands on knowledge of applicable technology models.
- Hands on knowledge of technology architectures and products
- Hands on knowledge of computer system hardware.
- Hands on knowledge of network topologies and hardware
- Working knowledge of middleware integration and networking software
- Hands on knowledge of diagnostic hardware and software tools
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral.
Technical Degree or equivalent military training or related work experience.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PRINT PRODUCTS & SERVICES
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 11262
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top