SVP of Technology & Product for Wall Street Journal
- Partner with WSJ Editor-in-Chief & General Manager along with cross-functional teams to design, develop, implement, launch and support new products that grow our business and achieve agreed business, engagement and revenue goals
- Day-to-day management of the Technical Product Managers
- Develop community of Technical Product Managers in collaboration with other product leaders and evangelize best practices to deliver world-class Products
- Contribute to Dow Jones technology strategy and adhere to agreed company-wide standards and platforms across teams
- Promote platform development and re-use and help deliver best practice internal “open-sourcing” of platforms
- Partner with Dow Jones Engineering and external third parties and off-shore development teams to coordinate technology plans and deliver products
- Develop and execute plans under a set of implementation and delivery time constraints, optimizing for a complex blend of product cost, service opportunity cost and ongoing support costs.
- To be financially diligent and operate within the budgetary measures in place within the company
- Develop and maintain agreed success and performance measurement strategies for products and build optimization plans
- Ensure agreed Service Level Agreements are achieved for all products
- Facilitate broad collaboration with clear communications and documentation
- Build an extended network within the engineering ecosystem in New York and the broader global market
- Build, mentor and support the technology community within the company
- Be instrumental in building an engineering DNA for the organization
- Evangelize Dow Jones products externally to customers, partners and prospects.
- To contribute to major recruitment, talent and publicity events and initiatives on behalf of Technology
- Skilled and structured in software delivery methodologies
- Ability to interact with diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels and across a globally-distributed organization
- Ability to understand and influence complex technology architectures.
- Demonstrable leadership of multidisciplinary technology teams
- Able to build strong personal relationships and trust
- Able to facilitate disparate stakeholders and team members and drive consensus in meetings, workshops and one to one interactions.
- A thorough, appropriate and timely communicator. Able to clearly communicate complex technical subjects to business and technology stakeholders.
- Able sell ideas or visions. Influence and advise stakeholders at all levels and positions in the company.
- At least 10 Years of working in technology leading technical delivery
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related fields, or equivalent practical experience
- Worked in the media, publishing, technology or a similar consumer focused industry
- Worked through the entire technology delivery lifecycle from inception to release and maintenance.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28602
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY – PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Back to top