SVP, Media Partnerships
The relationship between media companies and Silicon Valley has never been more critical. The role of SVP Media Partnerships is to build valuable relationships Silicon Valley companies including Google, Facebook, Apple and Snapchat. This will involve looking at how tech partners can help boost Dow Jones subscriber and advertising revenue, and how we can work with them to create innovative products. The SVP Media Partnerships will also explore the opportunity of partnering with smaller tech companies that can help accelerate our business model.
What are my accountabilities?
- Primary responsibility is to establish third party relationships that build new audiences with strategic partners to drive value across our business
- Act as primary and day-to-day business contact for partners– updating them on products, company goals and identifying strategic opportunities
- Develop and negotiate new commercial agreements in partnership with key stakeholders across product, editorial, legal, technology, subscription and advertising teams
- Actively manage project pipeline to implement new partnerships with a focus on efficiency and profitability
- Identify new distribution channels for our products/content and handle relationship with partners (e-readers, carriers, app stores... etc).
- Contributes to company growth strategies with a particular focus on supporting our membership strategy for our key brands, including The Wall Street Journal
The right candidate will have a combination of the following skills and experience:
- At least five years of working at a content company - media, music, TV or film.
- Excellent negotiation skills. Experience negotiating content deals - desirable though not essential.
- A keen interest in the latest consumer technologies and their impact on media.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly with data.
- The ability to work collaboratively across departments including customer group, editorial, marketing, advertising, technology, innovation.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Influencer with a proven ability to get things done, and drive projects to conclusio
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30248
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Product Management/User Experience/Content
Business Area INNOVATION
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top