Summer 2020 MarketWatch Software Development Internship
Summer 2020 MarketWatch Software Development Intern
MarketWatch needs an intern!! Handling over 150 million page views and 30 million unique visitors monthly, MarketWatch.com is one of the leading financial media sites on the web. You will work alongside business stakeholders, product owners, and developers to build highly interactive, dynamic and data driven applications for Dow Jones.
What our intern should be interested in:
- Working hard, asking tons of questions, and making mistakes (and then learning how to fix them)
- Working on a website visited by 30 million people each month
- Having your project go live and get used by actual users
- Working in an Agile team environment
- Working with popular AWS technologies
- Working on new stuff instead of horrible legacy code
- Seeing how a tech team works in a large organization
What our intern should be competent in:
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Technology, Computer Science, or a related field, with at least two years of school successfully completed.
- An object-oriented programming language (C#, Java, etc.)
- Prioritizing and managing their workload
- Communicating their progress on tasks, and not being afraid to admit when something's blocking them or if they're having trouble understanding something
Things our intern should be familiar with (but it's ok if they don't have direct experience with them):
- A frontend framework such as Vue.js, React, Angular, etc.
- Understanding of microservices or service-oriented architecture
- Agile Development concepts (SCRUM)
What our intern will walk away with at the end of the summer:
- Experience with AWS and cloud architectures
- Experience working on an Agile development and product team
- Experience with a full software development lifecycle at an established company
- Connections in Minneapolis, New York, and San Francisco
- Tons of fun memories from working with our awesome team!
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: TECHNOLOGY - STS
Job Category: About Us
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 19916
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Katharine B.Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharine supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top