Summer 2020 Corporate Sales Internship
Who are we?
We're not just a company here at Dow Jones, we're a culture- a culture in the making. At Dow Jones you will be joining a group of highly entrepreneurial, driven, and yet collegial news junkies. We live and breathe news. We are up for the challenge of re-thinking the news business. And we do this in an open office plan with lots of coffee and lots of collaboration. We think about how to make things better and faster. We are not big into titles here. What you do, how you think and what you accomplish is what matters - not where you sit on the org chart. Dow Jones incorporates brands like The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, Factiva, Risk & Compliance, MarketWatch & DJX. We celebrate the first amendment and deliver news via mobile phones, tablets, websites, newspapers, and feeds around the world.
Are you into that? This might be the place for you. Apply now.Our Corporate Sales Internship gives you the opportunity to work right alongside successful sales representatives, as they connect clients to our award winning products day after day. If you are interested in working in a competitive and fast-paced environment, this is the internship for you!
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- We're looking for candidates who are working towards a bachelor's degree with at least one year of school completed Strong GPA (3.0 or higher) and extracurricular activities are required. Previous relevant internship or part-time work experience is a plus.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Proactive with a can do attitude and the ability to adapt in a fast changing environment.
- Strong work ethic and motivated by results.
- Competence with the MS Office suite, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize time with minimal supervision.
- Must be proactive and exhibit a sense of ownership and confidence.
Application Requirement:Upload a video OR a 4 slide PowerPoint telling us:
- How you interact with customers (think broadly) on a day to day basis
- How you go above and beyond
If your video is too large, please include a link to YouTube, Vimeo, or something similar. Please note that without a slideshow or video, your application can not be considered.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - SALES
Job Category: About Us
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 19012
Back to top