Summer 2019 Facilities Internship
The Summer 2019 Facilities Intern will work in Dow Jones' Facilities and Construction Team, which is part of the Global Real Estate, Facilities, and Security Department. The Facilities and Construction Team's responsibilities are installation of new equipment, maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment, renovation and repair of facilities, and various other projects.
- The intern will work under close guidance of the Director of Facilities & Construction and the Senior Facilities Managers of New York City and Princeton, NJ.
- The Intern will work alongside contracted, in house, and landlord personnel to ensure work orders and preventive maintenance inspections are accomplished and advise the Director of Facilities & Construction and the Senior Facilities Managers of New York City and Princeton, NJ of the status of facilities infrastructure.
- The intern will assist in developing, coordinating, reviewing all capital and non-capital renovation and construction projects.
- The intern will be expected to perform general administrative duties.
- The intern will comply with all environmental and safety training required by Dow Jones & Company, Inc. and the States of New York and New Jersey.
- Travel to various New York City locations as directed.
- Pursing a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Facilities Management, Construction Management, or related field.
- Ability to effectively communicate using written and verbal skills.
- Ability to recognize safety issues; comply with safety rules and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience with computer applications including Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel.
OSHA 10-Hour Construction Online Safety Training or OSHA 30-Hour Construction Online Safety Training
This is a paid internship
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2018
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: GREF & SECURITY
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13962
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top