Summer 2019 Dow Jones Partners and Alliances Internship
The Dow Jones Partners & Alliances group is seeking an agile, smart, energetic undergraduate student to join our team for Summer 2019. In this role you'll gain hands on experience and work alongside business stakeholders. We're looking for someone that is detail-oriented, ready to take initiative, and put both their analytical and communication skills to use.
Our ideal candidate is a top performer. They're eager to dive in and they're not afraid to ask questions, take risks, learn new things, and anticipate needs of the team. We're looking for a go-getter with the desire to contribute to our fast paced and technology driven work environment. You must also work well with diverse teams and be able to take on initiatives and lead projects.
Key responsibilities include:
- Identifying new and emerging firms to partner with and prioritize them
- Analyzing partner growth and comparing to revenue from that partner - continuing the work from previous efforts by interns
- Documenting all collateral that exists with partners and identifying what the gaps are
- Auditing invoices/contracts and utilizing Salesforce to update details in conjunction with billing
- Collection, analysis and reporting of various different types of data
- Assisting in the onboarding of new partners
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Currently a rising college/university senior
- Intellectually curious, willing to express thoughts freely
- Superb interpersonal, presentational and written skills
- Detailed-oriented with the ability to process large amounts of data
- Able to prioritize manage and execute tasks, while adhering to critical project timelines in a very fast-paced environment
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex problems and convey these solutions simply, in the form of presentations and specifications
- Well rounded personality and experiences
- Management, Product Development, IT Management, Legal, Data Analysis or related background
- Cover letter: In your cover letter, answer the following question: Our work environment can be very busy and you might have to complete some work with little direction at first. How will you make progress on a project even if you haven't been given enough information at the outset to complete it?
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2018
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: CORPORATE PARTNERSHIPS
Job Category: Contingent Workers
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13808
Back to top