Summer 2019 Customer Value - Business Analyst Internship
The mission of the Customer Value team is to identify and chase new opportunities founded in our customer data to deliver value across our Consumer, Advertising and Professional Information Businesses. We analyze the customer lifecycle, partner with business and technology stakeholders, and identify innovative data questions that nobody else is answering. These questions transcend business unit boundaries and transform the ways we deliver value to our customers. We launch new ways of collecting data and ensure that we optimize it to supercharge revenue across our business.
- Execute the Customer Value strategy to deliver data-driven revenue growth across our Consumer, Advertising and Professional Information Businesses.
- Work with editorial, product and marketing teams to identify new opportunities to collect customer data within our content strategy.
- Analyze customer data to identify opportunities to maximize value (product upsell / cross sell / new proposition development).
- Work with advertising to define new propositions, formats and custom audiences grounded in our customer data.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Students with a Major in Business, Marketing, Engineering or related major.
- Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for a complex organization.
- An understanding of tools and techniques used in marketing/sales.
- An ability to translate data and insight into a value-driving business plan.
- Organized with meticulous execution abilities to turn around projects at short notice.
- Dedication to the customer and a curiosity about consumer behavior and preferences.
- A healthy skepticism of the status quo
We're looking for candidates who are working towards a bachelor's degree with at least one year of school completed.
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2018
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Job Category: Contingent Workers
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13816
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top