Summer 2019 Customer Intelligence Internship
Dow Jones Customer Intelligence Internship
The Customer Intelligence team is responsible for helping grow the Dow Jones portfolio of brands by delivering best-in-class intelligence and insights. We do this by conducting deep and thorough research into our customers and prospects, and their relationship with our brands, products, content, and advertising.
The team acts as a customer advocate and expert in a trusted advisor capacity to our business partners, and works on various projects across the brand portfolio: The Wall Street Journal, Barron's, MarketWatch, Factiva, etc. and across all parts of the business from the Newsrooms to Marketing, Advertising, Sales, Technology, Product, Finance, Data, and Customer Service.
Our mission is to effectively shape and answer the big questions facing Dow Jones to the mutual benefit of our customers, clients, and Dow Jones. We do this by representing the voice of the customer at senior leadership level to ensure that customer intelligence is at the heart of decision-making at Dow Jones.
You are a highly motivated and energetic individual who will work closely with Dow Jones Customer Intelligence Directors and Managers to gain hands-on experience on a variety of projects within the market research field.
You will work across a wide range of research projects, where you will deliver intelligence based on data from a variety of resources, including primary research projects (conducted in-house or via an agency), secondary research and proprietary customer data.
The work will involve taking a brief, designing a research or an analytics approach, and seeing it through to execution, analysis and reporting - whether independently or as part of a working group.
To communicate research findings, you'll create compelling, easy-to-understand reports in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, or other appropriate and engaging formats, and present these to teams across Dow Jones.
You'll be expected to develop strong working relationships with colleagues in other departments in order assist the CI Directors and their teams in delivering tailored and relevant intelligence.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter, curious, and excited about understanding what drives human behaviors and decision-making.
- Working towards a degree with at least one year of school completed - preferably you are in your final year.
- Currently pursuing a Major in Market Research, Anthropology, Sociology, Philosophy, Psychology, Economics, Statistics, Math, Marketing, Business, Finance, Product Design, or related fields.
- Well-organized and have strong project management skills.
- An exceptional communicator, both written and verbal - and detail-oriented.
- Data-driven, statistically-minded and with an ability to analyze metrics to get to the 'so what' to inform future strategies.
- Able to work independently, demonstrate efficiency and problem solving skills in completing required tasks.
- Able to collaborate creatively within a team.
- Interested in market research, human behaviors, and the why behind the what, and an interest in the industries we serve: media, tech, and finance
- Timely, professional and know how to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Your Resume
- A Cover Letter
- A 400 word essay stating why you're interested in market research and/or what makes you stand out from the pack.
Application Deadline: November 30th, 2018
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
Job Category: Contingent Workers
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13800
Back to top