Summer 2018 Workplace Design Internship
We are seeking a creative and innovative intern, who is currently pursuing a degree in Interior Design or Architecture, to join our Workplace Design team. This position assists with the programming, design and implementation of cost-effective workspace solutions during building renovations, restack or new construction. Solutions include space planning, furniture layouts and move coordination.
As a Workplace Design Intern, you can learn how to:
- Coordinate and execute space planning and design efforts for the Global Workplace Design Team.
- Work with global teams within Dow Jones to help plan and coordinate office and employee moves.
- Conduct building and space planning audits to verify employee locations, furniture layouts and room configurations.
- Update and maintain AutoCAD base drawings and Archibus occupancy plans for all existing office locations.
- Assist other team members with identifying furniture needs and evaluate furniture proposals/quotes.
- Contribute to digital photo library of Global office locations.
- Pursuing a degree in Interior Design or Architecture.
- some experience with AutoCAD.
- experience using MS Office and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Google SketchUp or 3D rendering skills are desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a time-sensitive manner.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, paired with a customer-service mentality.
This is a paid internship
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30384
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Internships
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 Creative
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top