Summer 2018 Technology Internship
- Be part of a team designing Dow Jones's business and technology solutions.
- Regularly launch products and services based on your work and be a creative and integral part of making these a success.
- Work closely with developers and test engineers on a project team to be a part of various product initiatives including The Wall St Journal, Barrons and core infrastructure that powers financial markets data.
- Work with the test lead and automation engineers on enhancing automated testing harness for web applications and RESTful APIs.
- Build SQL utilities for effectively and efficiently testing data migration.
- Participates and reports status in scrums
Skills & Experience
- Understanding of Agile development Methodology (SCRUM)
- Strong understanding of software best practices as it applies to web application development
- Understanding of service oriented architecture
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in cross functional teams
- Passion - about technology and the solutions we are designing.
- Communication that is articulate, clear and concise in regular conversation with your team and the wider stakeholder groups.
- Attention to Detail - focused on the finer details that make the difference.
- Delivery Focus - pragmatic and driven to get solutions live.
- A Proactive attitude - you are a self starter who seeks out opportunities for yourself and your team.
- Awareness of industry trends - such as challenges and best practices.
- Positive attitude - generating enthusiasm among team members
- Awareness of, and the ability to manage, business and technology expectations .
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
This is a paid internship opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2017-30400
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Internships
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 Technology
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top