Summer 2018 Optimization Internship
About Dow Jones:
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
United by our ambition, the Dow Jones Customer group will attract and retain customers by
creating distinctive experiences and valued relationships for mutual profit. We work across all of the elite Dow Jones brands to appeal to a broad, high-level client base and provide a distinctive experience to each one. In addition, the group's focus is on consistently providing excellent service and developing and nurturing valued, lasting relationships with our customers.
- Execute Optimization strategy and delivery for onsite sales and engagement marketing, on time and within budget.
- Request and manage Marketing, Technology and Editorial projects in alignment with overall sales and retention strategy.
- Ensure campaigns and tests results are appropriately tracked and regularly shared with internal stakeholders.
- Discover, vet and run optimization experiments to improve KPIs by priority of most scalable/profitable opportunities.
- Create, review and optimize customer segmentation to maximize sales conversion.
- Undergraduate or Graduate Students with a Major in Marketing or Business or related major.
- Strong analytical, strategic and creative problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for a complex organization
- An understanding of tools and techniques used in marketing/sales
- Ability to identify KPIs and request and analyze data
- Intense curiosity about consumer behavior and preferences
- A healthy skepticism of the status quo
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30382
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Internships
Business Area MARKETWATCH
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top