Summer 2018 Marketing Internship
The global marketing team is responsible for helping grow the Dow Jones brand globally. We support the businesses by delivering beautiful marketing campaigns that delight customers, win prospects, and strengthen the core brand. The marketing team acts as a full-service in-house agency and will work on various projects across the product portfolio: The Wall Street Journal, Factiva, Dow Jones Newswires. Our mission is to help meet business goals by being creative, innovative and incredibly efficient.
You are a highly motivated and energetic intern who will work closely with Dow Jones marketing managers to gain hands-on experience on a variety of projects from planning WSJ/DJ hosted and third-party events to helping develop strategies for marketing campaigns, assisting on media plans and executing on social media projects. The ideal candidate is super creative, takes initiative, and has a keen interest in all things marketing--digital, social media, events, advertising.
- Working towards a bachelor's degree with at least one year of school completed
- Well-organized and have strong project management skills
- An exceptional communicator, both written and verbal
- Able to work independently, demonstrate efficiency and problem solving skills in completing required tasks
- Able to collaborate creatively within a team
- Proficient in social media and have a good knowledge of social media trends
- Timely, professional and know how to stick to deadlines
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Cover Letter
- Please include a 400 word essay telling us, why you're interested in marketing and/or what makes you stand out from the pack.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource. Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30388
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Internships
Business Area MARKETING
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top