Summer 2018 Data Strategy Internship - Barcelona
Summer 2018 Data Strategy Internship
Our Data Strategy team collects and integrates our own proprietary data and third party licensed content - we process and integrate millions of articles a day from more than 32,000 news and business sources from nearly 200 countries in 28 languages, while also providing equity exchange data from 49 countries and over 80,000 listed instruments.
During this 10 week internship, you will work on a variety of projects and tasks assigned by and under the direction of managers in the Data Strategy organization. Among the projects our Data Strategy interns will work on in 2018 are the following:
- Projects to help ensure the smooth passage and timely delivery of content from providers ranging from The Wall Street Journal to social media sources.
- Research related to customized reports and newsletters from online news content and publicly available records.
- Content enrichment projects related to a variety of automated and rules-based systems used to categorize Dow Jones content.
- Testing the accuracy and completeness of Dow Jones data related to companies, executives and financial markets.
- Building and enhancing the content for Dow Jones Risk and Compliance
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- We're looking for candidates who have just finished a bachelor's degree. Master students' applications will also be considered
- Solid research skills
- Enjoys working with news and information, without necessarily the desire to write the news
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- In addition to English, other languages are a plus as you'll deal with Data Strategy team members around the globe including Barcelona, London, Singapore and Shanghai (sorry, no travel required)
- Cover letter
- Either a YouTube video or 4-slide PowerPoint telling us how you believe data, hard facts, and numbers influence the world
Please note only successful candidates will be contacted
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us via email . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PEOPLE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top