Summer 2018 Cloud Technology Internship
Technology Internship - Cloud
The Cloud Technology Intern will work alongside cloud and application engineers to help maintain a deployment and management strategy primarily in Amazon cloud, as well as help in create and maintain an automation framework around the software development lifecycle. In this position you will work to understand, define, and promote the software development process, and craft an operational environment that increases the elasticity of our cloud as well as the efficiency of our developers.
- Solving problems using a software development mindset.
- Candidate works on deployment strategies and automation for cloud native applications.
- Support automated build pipeline, continuous integration, continuous deployment and test automation frameworks with tools such as Git, Jenkins, Chef, Terraform and Docker.
- Develops automation using Shell scripting, Linux, Perl, Python and Packer.
- Works on implementing application monitoring and logging strategies using tools like New Relic and Splunk.
What we're looking for in a candidate:
- Passion about technology and the solutions we are designing.
- Communication that is articulate, clear and concise in regular conversation with your team and the wider stakeholder groups.
- Attention to Detail and focused on the little things that make a difference.
- Delivery Focus; pragmatic and driven to get solutions live.
- A Proactive attitude that shows you are a self-starter who seeks out opportunities for yourself and your team.
- Awareness of industry trends such as challenges and best practices.
- A positive attitude generating enthusiasm among team members
- Awareness of, and the ability to manage, business and technology expectations.
This is a paid internship
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Requisition ID 2017-30380
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Internships
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 Technology
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top