Summer 2018 CEO Membership Concierge, WSJ Conferences Internship
About Dow Jones:
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world's largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
The CEO Membership Concierge intern will serve as the primary liaison for Wall Street Journal CEO Council members and as the internal point of contact for all events. The Wall Street Journal CEO Council is a by invitation only membership for qualified CEOs and for whom the Journal'sconferencesteam produces and executes events and experiences throughout the year. The CEO Membership Concierge will be the main contact for members and their offices from the point that a member renews his/her membership or joins as a new member.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work with newly confirmed members to activate corporate and individual subscriptions
- Ongoing outreach to members' PAs/EAs to promote, market and encourage sign up for upcoming member-exclusive events (i.e. quarterly dinners with Gerry Baker, CEO Council events at Davos, etc.)
- Periodic outreach to encourage members to book newsroom tour, print and production facilities tour
- Regular communication with members' PAs/EAs who are attending CEO Council re housekeeping follow ups (i.e. dietary restrictions, attendance at meal functions and receptions)
- Regular follow up with members post events:
- to solicit feedback regarding events they attended, and to remind them of next upcoming event
- to share feedback regarding events they did not attend, and to remind the of next upcoming event
- We're looking for candidates who are working towards a bachelor's degree with at least one year of school completed
- Experience with marketing, corporate communications, or event planning is a must
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Proficient in social media and have a good knowledge of social media trends
- Timely, professional and know how to stick to deadlines
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Cover Letter
- Please include a 400 word essay telling us, why you're interested in WSJ Conferences and/or what makes you stand out from the pack.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2018
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30399
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Internships
Business Area ..
Job Area1 Marketing & Corp Comms
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top