Summer 2017 Project Management Internship, Innovation
Dow Jones Innovation team is looking for an agile, smart, energetic undergraduate or graduate student to join our team for the summer of 2017. In this role you’ll get hands on experience and work with the Product Managers to turn ideas into prototypes and prototypes into products.
You’ll collaborate with and work alongside business stakeholders, product owners and development teams to help scope, plan and execute projects.
Our ideal candidate is a top performer. They’re happy to give it their all and ask for more. We work in a small, elite group where high levels of energy and enthusiasm that inspire others and drive progress. We want someone excited to contribute to this culture. You must also work well with diverse teams, be able to take initiatives and lead projects.
- Working closely with the Innovation Product Managers, Developers and Designers
- Building out project Roadmaps
- Competitive research
- Prototype testing
- Work closely with cross-functional staff to deliver against project goals
- Working with all areas of the business and communicating in a clear, concise and direct manner
- Currently a rising college junior, senior or graduate student
- Intellectually curious, willing to express thoughts freely
- Superb Interpersonal, presentational and written skills
- Able to prioritize manage and execute tasks, while adhering to critical project timelines in a very fast-paced environment.
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex problems and convey these solutions simply, in the form of presentations, prototypes and specifications
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
- Well rounded personality and experiences
- Management, Product Development, IT Management or related background
- Cover letter: In your cover letter, tell us about a super power you have and how it would be invaluable to the Dow Jones Innovation Unit.
Deadline: Jan 31, 2017
About Dow Jones
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 130 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28654
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Internships
Business Area INNOVATION
Job Area1 Product & Operations
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top