Summer 2017 Professional Information Business Internship
The Wall Street Journal is America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation with more than 2.2 million customers. In recent years, the Journal has expanded its core content offering to include coverage of the arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and personal health, building on its heritage as the leading source of business and financial news. Published by Dow Jones, one of the world’s largest news gathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 80 bureaus, The Wall Street Journal now spans 12 editions in nine languages, engaging readers across newspapers, websites, magazines, social media, and video. The Journal holds 35 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
Do you know how experts said no one would watch cable news? Use Facebook? Drink Frappucinos? They were wrong.
You know how your mom said X-rays can kill you? Soda is bad for your teeth? Take Vitamin C for a cold? Mom is usually right & as are ordinary people who touch and feel our products. People like you.
We’ve built our internship program at Dow Jones around the philosophy thatyouare the true expert. As you live and breathe technology, troll news sites via social media, and hear feedback about Dow Jones products (the good, bad, and the ugly) from your friends, you hear things that people in big offices often don’t.
So, if you are:
- A news junkie
- Unabashedly brutal in your honest opinions
- Digitally inclined
- Always looking to do things bigger, better, faster, and stronger
- Able to play well in the sandbox (you know, on teams)
And if you:
- Love sales and can pivot a no to a yes, persuasively
- View anyone and everyone as a potential Dow Jones client
We’d like to invite you to apply for an internship here at Dow Jones helping us tackle the challenges we face as a news company. Because, in case you’ve been living in a cave, people say print is dead. We need people like you to help us envision what our business will look like a year from now, ten years from now, and so on. We need you to help us target a different demographic while retaining our subscribers. We need you to help us add customers, help with lead generation, and support our sales team in doing what they do best – the business of news.
Who are we?
We’re not just a company here at Dow Jones, we’re a culture- a culture in the making. At Dow Jones you will be joining a group of highly entrepreneurial, driven, and yet collegial news junkies. We live and breathe news. We are up for the challenge of re-thinking the news business. And we do this in an open office plan with lots of coffee and lots of collaboration. We think about how to make things better and faster. We are not big into titles here. What you do, how you think and what you accomplish is what matters – not where you sit on the org chart.
Dow Jones incorporates brands like The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, Factiva, Risk & Compliance, MarketWatch & DJX. We celebrate the first amendment and deliver news via mobile phones, tablets, websites, newspapers, and feeds around the world. Are you into that? This might be the place for you. Apply now.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- We’re looking for candidates who are working towards a bachelor’s degree with at least one year of school completed
- Strong GPA (3.0 or higher) and extracurricular activities are required. Previous relevant internship or part-time work experience is a plus.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation as well as the ability to work in a team environment.
- Proactive with a “can do” attitude and the ability to adapt in a fast changing environment.
- Strong work ethic and motivated by results.
- Competence with the MS Office suite, particularly Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication, organizational skills, and follow-up skills with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize time with minimal supervision.
- Must be proactive and exhibit a sense of ownership and confidence.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2017
Upload a video OR a 4 slide PowerPoint telling us:
- How you interact with customers (think broadly) on a day to day basis
- How you go above and beyond
If your video is too large, please include a link to YouTube, Vimeo, or something similar. Please note that without a slideshow or video, your application can not be considered.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28659
Job Locations USA – NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Internships
Business Area CORPORATE SALES & MARKETING
Job Area1 Sales
Job Area2 ..
Back to top