Summer 2017 Customer Service Internship
News is about people—the people who make it, and the people who consume it. From Warren Buffett announcing his latest acquisition to the college kid scrolling through the WSJ app, both sides are crucial to the survival of a news organization.
So what happens when the newspaper doesn’t get delivered, or when the iPad app crashes? What needs to be done when an analyst can’t find relevant articles on Factiva, or when a lawyer can’t access Risk & Compliance? Any of these situations could lead to a loss of credibility and trust, which is why we need competent and persistent Customer Service Interns .
In this ten week internship you will help us explore and improve our customer service approach at Dow Jones. You will gain a fuller understanding of how other internal teams interact with and provide customer service. Over the course of this internship you’ll hear from key executives about our business challenges, receive salient issues to tackle each day, and pitch solutions to our management team.
Think this might be a fit? Ask yourself these questions first:
- Are you a people person? You know, the kind of person who’s approachable, a problem solver, a self-starter, and a keen negotiator?
- Do you care about our content? We deliver the most trusted news and information, enriched by technology, to help our customers grow and prosper. Powered by Factiva and The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones content impacts more than 42 million people worldwide.
- Are you a good fit for our culture? Dow Jones is a company on the move. Do you “deal” with change or do you take an active part in being that change?
- We’re looking for candidates who are working towards a bachelor’s degree with at least one year of school completed
Dow Jones incorporates brands like The Wall Street Journal, Barron’s, and Factiva. We celebrate the 1 st amendment and deliver news via mobile phones, tablets, websites, newspapers, and feeds around the world. Are you into that?
To apply, please submit:
- 400 word essay telling us, “What makes you stand out from the pack?”
- Either a YouTube video or 4 slide PowerPoint telling us, “How do you interact with ‘customers’ (think broadly) on a day to day basis. How do you go above & beyond?”
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest newsgathering operations with nearly 2,000 journalists in more than 75 bureaus globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28658
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Internships
Business Area CUSTOMER SERVICE
Job Area1 Customer Experience
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top