Strategic Account Manager
Strategic Account Manager
The Strategic Account Manager is responsible for retaining and growing the contract revenue within their assigned strategic accounts. The SAM will also initiate sales activity with new buying centers either independently, or working with a Sales Specialists. Client relationships are built and maintained via telephone, email, and in-person meetings in Germany and Austria. An ability to develop strong business relationships across multiple departments and buying centers is crucial to the success of this role. Travel will be required within the assigned territory.
- MEET NEW BUSINESS TARGETS: Generate new streams of Dow Jones revenue through sales of products and services which address customers' business needs
- RELATIONSHIPS: Build strong relationships with Senior Level customer contacts in order to retain the business and look for expansion opportunities.
- PROJECT MANAGEMENT: Organize and co-ordinate the efforts of internal resources necessary to achieve sales goals. These can include colleagues from Product, Marketing, Customer Service, and Editorial.
- TEAMWORK: Work on retention initiatives for selected customers with the extended sales team available, in particular with the Client Engagement Specialist
- PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE: Clearly express the value proposition and benefits of the Dow Jones products and solutions, and use this knowledge to help increase the value and adoption of our solutions by the client
- MANAGING ACCOUNT INFORMATION: Maintain accurate and appropriate client records within the global CRM system (Salesforce.com) to provide timely management information.
- COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE: Stay informed of industry trends, competition and changing technology
Required Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience and in depth understanding of managing complex strategic accounts. Clients and prospects are from a variety of industries, including insurance and financial firms.
- Extensive sales success within a B2B subscription environment within the publishing / data / business information industry.
- Strong results orientation, with the commitment and drive to achieve a new business goal in a demanding and competitive business environment
- Exceptional negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and customers, to ensure time is maximized for revenue-retaining activities and the most important customers receive an excellent level of account management
- Ability to adapt a communication style depending on audience, while maintaining a professional and credible demeanour.
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Ability to take ownership of problems and coordinate appropriate internal resources to help solve customer issues effectively and efficiently
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills both in German and English
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: CORP SALES
Job Category: Sales Group
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 13519
Back to top