Sr. Tax Manager
Senior Manager, Tax
The candidate shall report to the VP of Tax and serve the role of managing global tax considerations including compliance and reporting, supporting tax planning projects and initiatives, and providing integrated tax support to the business. The role is based in Princeton, NJ.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing the relationship between the tax department and other business functions, delivering tax advice on matters
- Working with the business on various projects such as M&A, business restructurings, new product support, commercial policy decisions, legal contract reviews
- Managing the accurate and timely preparation of US tax filings related to the Company's operations, with a strong focus on US international tax
- Actively engaging in financial reporting processes; preparing analyses of US foreign inclusion items and providing assistance and review of income tax provisions related to significant international subsidiaries in accordance with US GAAP
- Preparation of detailed earnings and profits analysis; foreign tax credit; Subpart F income; previously taxed income; and foreign source income.
- Analyzing and quantifying the impact of transactions on the Company's global tax position
- General tax research and planning
- Identifying and implementing process improvements to eliminate non-value added tasks, improve process flow and ensuring each critical task is documented in a comprehensive and cohesive manner
- Managing local tax issues related to Latin American, Canadian & Asia Pacific Operations
- Supporting Transfer pricing matters
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficiency in US International Tax Concepts required
- Compliance and reporting experience required
- Broad US Tax experience required
- Demonstrate an eagerness to self-develop and explore new areas
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to perform critical analysis, prioritize and problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to establish and build partnerships with different departments, business partners and management
- Team player that cultivates collaboration and leadership throughout the global tax organization
- Strong organizational skills and have attention to detail
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent project management and presentation skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to change
- Attitude of being highly motivated and proactive
Master Degree in Tax is required
At least 8 years of relevant tax experience, preferably in an MNC in-house tax role
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: FINANCE
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you require assistance in completing the online application, please contact the Talent Management team for Application Help at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com
Job Req 11967
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Product Team Head, The Wall Street Journal
Katharina supervises digital products for The Wall Street Journal. She leads a team of product managers, and together, they set goals and roadmaps for projects to improve the company’s apps, website, and off-platform experiences.
Back to top