Sr. Software Engineer, Newsletters
Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a creative and passionate Senior Software Engineer to shape the future of our WordPress CMS and Email Newsletters. You'll be part of a growing technology team where everyone has the opportunity to come up with new ideas and to shape the future of our company in building game-changing software. Our engineers play a critical role in all stages of the product lifecycle, so we look for people who crave ownership, enjoy solving the hard problems and have the initiative to fix things that aren't working.
- As part of a cross-functional agile software team, you will design, implement, and maintain customized features in our WordPress CMS that will support Wall Street Journal Blogs and Email Newsletters in a highly collaborative environment.
- Participate and lead technical discussions about technology, infrastructure and consider the pros/cons of a technology choice based on business value, scalability, maintainability and project delivery performance.
- Support Dow Jones technical cultural values and are capable of driving toward solutions independently, seeking feedback when appropriate.
- Maintain and share knowledge in emerging technologies and tools in the industry
- Being able to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
Basic Qualifications :
- 5+ years experience with WordPress and experience customizing the WordPress Administration Dashboard.
- Experience with node.js and React.
- Experience with SQL databases with experience with MySQL a plus.
- Proven understanding of Computer Science fundamentals including web development, service-oriented architecture, cloud computing, test driven development and domain driven design.
Preferred Qualifications :
- BS/MS in Computer Science
- Experience with Campaign Monitor is a plus
- Exposure to Docker, AWS or other cloud or container based application deployment is a plus
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30015
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top