Sr. Manager, FP&A, Business Planning
Dow Jones, a world-leading media company, is currently seeking a Senior Manager to join its Financial Planning and Analysis group to support the consolidation team. The successful candidate will help develop, communicate and monitor departmental and product budgets and forecasts with a keen eye on achieving the overall financial target. Their analysis, commentary and insight will aid the Director of Business Planning and VP of FP&A to assess the financial impact of the business's decision making at a consolidated level.
- Consolidate and create monthly, quarterly and yearly results and forecasts into management level presentations.
- Assist budget and long range plan process to drive revenue growth and cost efficiency.
- Develop corporate reporting and identify systems and data improvements.
- Maintain a good understanding of the revenue and cost drivers and trends, and prepare reports to senior management.
- Maintain the FP&A group's deadlines in order to deliver key consolidated reporting needs within the finance group and to our parent company.
- Assist in driving project work from end-to-end (collection of data, creation of model/analysis of trends, and support identification of key issues and turning this into a management level presentation) to support strategic decisions within the business.
- Work with other finance functions to support SOX compliance and other ad hoc reporting requirement.
Skills & Experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills, CPA or Bachelors degree in finance or accounting preferred.
- Relevant Commercial Finance experience 8 years+ at least 3 years in a managerial position.
- Planning and organizational skills including effective time management and an impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of proficiency in PC/computer skills including experience with various financial applications and reporting tools and with Excel and Word.
- PeopleSoft and TM1 financial systems experience preferred.
- Demonstrates initiative, good communication skills (both verbal and written) and a team player.
- Results orientated and process driven.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30187
Job Locations USA-NY-NEW YORK
Job Function Finance
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top