Sr. Director, Billing Systems
Sr Director, Billing Systems
- Be responsible for the technology team that delivers billing capabilities to Dow Jones. This includes enterprise billing, subscription billing, payment gateways, tax, and royalties applications.
- Be part of a team designing Dow Jones's business and technology solutions.
- Lead a team of technical resources and oversee delivery
- Regularly launch products and services and be a creative and integral part of making these a success.
- Look for synergies and be a change agent to unify platforms
- Embrace and Execute on DJ's API first strategy
- Manage and Support several cross-functional tech teams that include both FTE's and CWR's
- Develop operational efficiencies across the primary billing teams.
- Primary liaison with the business
- Monitor project budgets and team burn-rates
- Clear ambiguity for the team
- Develop and maintain technology roadmaps
- Ensure that the teams have clear and accurate goals
- Drive adherence to process and be a change agent to influence existing processes
- Ensure that the teams are meeting the requisite quality standards
- Ensure team's adherence to the DJ API First Standards
- Adapt quickly to new technology and support the team in the process
- Ensure high team morale
- Support employee career growth
- Ensure regulatory compliance (SOX, PII data handling, PCI)
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to prioritize and manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast paced environment
- Ability to manage and drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication skills to be able to work across various tech teams and with business stakeholders.
- Strong ability to wade through ambiguity and provide the tech team clear direction.
- A self-starter that is able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team and provide the team a clear path
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Strong understanding of software best-practices as it applies to finance and billing applications.
- Solid experience in the billing, payment and financial application spaces.
- Strong understanding of Information Security best practices and design security into application design.
- Ability to quickly understand business requirements and act as a bridge between the business and IT
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies (SCRUM)
- 4 year college degree required
- Passion - about technology and the solutions we are designing.
- Communication that is articulate, clear and concise in regular conversation with your team and the wider stakeholder groups.
- Attention to Detail - focused on the finer details that make the difference.
- Delivery Focus - pragmatic and driven to get solutions live.
- A Proactive attitude - you are a self starter who seeks out opportunities for yourself and your team.
- Awareness of industry trends - such as challenges and best practices.
- Positive attitude - generating enthusiasm among team members
- Awareness of, and the ability to manage, business and technology expectations .
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2017-30188
Job Locations USA-NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function IT Development
Business Area TECHNOLOGY - PROD & ENG
Job Area1 Technology
Job Area2 ..
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
News Editor, WSJ
Geoff manages the Money Investing Section of the WSJ, coordinating visual, graphical, and copy content published in print and online to present readers with the best finance market stories.
Back to top