Sourcing Manager – IT
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Sourcing Manager with expertise and significant experience with IT sourcing and procurement.
This mission will be accomplished through:
- Ability to negotiate sophisticated contracts for IT services and software, as well as hardware.
- Ability to lead and drive the end-to-end sourcing lifecycle including competitive bidding process, service provider selection, negotiating T’s and c’s in partnership with internal and external legal, developing statements of work with SLAs.
- Self starter and individual contributor role is responsible for bidding, negotiating, and drafting the full range commercial contracts for multiple Dow Jones & Company global businesses. Categories include IT related goods and services including hardware, software, related support, and IT Professional Services.
- Liaison between various business partners and legalto ensure that legal understands the business arrangement and that the business partners understand legal implications. Ability to translate business requirements into contractual language.
- Draft andlead RFP processes or targeted negotiations. Analyze responses and summarize findings. Organize supplier site visits and meetings, as needed .* Support supplier rating and selection process *. Communicate decision to suppliers
- Lead negotiations and contract process(define roles, determine strategy, analyze responses, guide discussions) for optimal terms and performance management. Draft contract language with legal to ensure supplier performance and optimal terms inmaster services agreements and statements of work.
- Aligncommunications strategyto keep business partners informed of progress / benefits relating to strategic projects and initiatives. Communication with all levels of the organization.
- Measure and track performance relating spending and budgetary impact.
- Minimum fiveyears of experience in Procurement, Legal, Engineering, Information Systems and/or Finance.
- Category expertise in IT, software, IT services, and hardware
- Experience with all aspects of sourcing process, including assessment, spend analytics, baseline development, financial analysis, RFx development, bid analysis and evaluation techniques, multi-round negotiations of business terms and subsequent contracting and implementation processes.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction and works well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal and written/concise communications skills and ability to interface with all management levels.
- Ability to identify and quantify financial risks and true total cost of ownership
- Ability to drive aggressive project plans and schedules
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’ preferred
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world’s largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America’s largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron’s, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets
Requisition ID 2016-28922
Job Locations USA – NJ-PRINCETON
Job Function Finance
Business Area FINANCE
Job Area1 People, Legal, Finance
Job Area2 People, Legal, Finance
Meet Some of Dow Jones's Employees
Subscriber Services Manager
Sendi works in Subscription Department at Dow Jones, dealing with fraudulent complaints and providing customer service support for WSJ, WSJ+, Barron's, and its affiliated sub-agencies.
Back to top